View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Re: 3/6 Live. I\'m rusty on limit Hold\'em.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1: call down from the turn raise. consider raising PF to buy the button and make the blinds pay to play.
If I'm playing a suited A rag, don't I want a volume pot and encourage these players to come in?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is only true if you hit a flush draw. your A6 can also win a number of other ways:

a) hitting the A.
b) winning on nothing when you Cbet the flop and turn.
c) winning with just a pair of 6's.

your chance of a, b, or c happening is greatly diminished when you limp in and let the blinds as well as others see the flop for cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally think there's the wrong number of players to raise preflop. You've got 2 before you and probably two after you (I make the assumption the BB will almost always call the raise, and either the button or SB will call semi-regularly). Which means (a)-(c) are all not that likely since a better ace is more likely, a c-bet needs to get 3-4 folds, and a pair of 6s probably won't win. If you could be more confident in getting the blinds to fold, or if there was one fewer limper I think the raise makes sense.

If there were more people you could raise just to build a very nice pot where you likely have an equity edge with your Axs.