View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 06:15 PM

Default Re: For noob eyes only

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I'm considered a vet or not, but I still have things to learn so I'll be a noob today.

Call and see the flop. I would play this for one bet in late position. Assuming CO also calls the raise, you are getting 4.5:1 odds. Excellent odds for suited connectors.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had some extra time since dinner wasn't ready yet and went back and played with poker stove after I posted this. I just did it for curiosity's sake to see if the statistics actually backed up what I posted.

Forget the issue of whether or not people are on tilt and might be playing crazy hands. I did this conservatively and assumed CO was limping with default limping hands in late position and that button was raising w/ default raising hands in late position. Both from the Tight game chart. Results were:

CO: Wins 27%
Button: Wins 46%
Hero: Wins 27%

So, the odds of us winning this hand are approximately 3.7:1 and the pot is laying us 4.5:1 so we have the equity to call here. Additionally, we will typically have pretty easy post flop decisions as we are not likely to be dominated with this hand.