View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 03:14 AM

Default Re: Intro to Fantasy Baseball?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maine is a decent pitcher, but he pitching a bit above his level so far this year. His stats like BABIP, HR/FR, etc are all leaning towards him being pretty lucky so far.

I think he'll still get a fair amount of wins playing for the Mets, but expect his numbers to regress a little bit.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have to agree on Maine. He's been very good so far, but I don't expect it to last. That said he'll still generate wins. Also depending on your league scoring Victorino may not exactly be the greatest player to build with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely feel the same. I don't feel like he's a franchise pitcher, but being on the Mets, he'll get his wins. I just don't want to trade him now and have him turn around and become a stud next year, but I also don't want to hold on to him and have him bust on me next year. I see him as a permanent #2/3 guy IMO.

As far as Victorino, I'm not looking to build with him. I have Crawford and Holliday that I will be moving forward with, but I'm seriously considering this trade because with the added steals/saves, I think I might be able to make a push for a top 3 finish. With Guillen slowly aging, Tulowitzki should be a decent SS replacement next season anyways...

Just my thought process