View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 03:10 AM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

[ QUOTE ]
This is ridiculous. The information is all out there. It's not so much about hearing what people want but anticipating the market and using your own brain to figure out innovative features. You're not writing an operating system - it's just a poker tracking application.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's ridiculous at all. Part of the reason PokerAce Hud became so popular was due to fulfilling user requests. I want input from those people actually using PokerTracker. I want to know what they would like to see changed and what they would like to see stay the same.

[ QUOTE ]

Having used the product, I can assure you that there are no "problems with HoldemManager". Regardless, it's pretty rude to make comments like this about a competitor's product.

There are three problems I can see with Holdem Manager:

- You need to install postgreSQL
- You need to install .NET
- It's a single developer, which is absolutely insane if you're going to support a tracker, a HUD, all sites, AND add new features.

The first is a necessity for any serious database product (perhaps MySQL is a viable alternative). The second enables productive programming not possible in unmanaged C++, and .NET is installed with Vista anyway, so it will be widely available in future years.
The third is a terrible business decision but something that I assume will be fixed going forward.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I mentioned earlier, I was not referring to technical issues. I will not discuss the issues I see. I made my comment based on personal experience and in response to a very negative post. I did not mean to make it sound like the software was defective.