View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Restaurant refuses to sing happy bday to 6 yr old

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Blarg,

"Further, the employees this type of thing is usually complained about to generally have zero authority to change a policy anyway, so getting on them about it is a complete waste of time that can only lead to multiple people getting tense and upset."

That is exactly why I wrote: "In this situation, asking for the manager is perfectly appropriate. In fact, I applaud the father here. He doesn't yell at the waiter or get an argument with a guy who is just doing his job. He asks for the person who has the authority to actually do something here."

[/ QUOTE ]

The employee doesn't have the authority to change a policy. He has every authority to say what it is. That's his job.

If he is not up to that task, then the supervisor should handle it and immediately set him straight as to what the policies are and insist he memorize them.

If the supervisor can't handle that, she should look for a new job, because there's not much point having her around. Having the buck stop here is what being a supervisor is all about. Passing the buck and letting things escalate are the characteristics of people you don't want to pay to be your supervisors.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the heck are you talking about there? Who is the "supervisor" you are imagining? You seem to have not read the OP, and have some misconception whereby the hostess was a supervisor and got involved after giving the initial "yes," which never happened.

Trying to maintain your persona of knowing everything about everything is risky, and I think we are seeing the consequences here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're way out of your depth here. You appear not to have read the thread at all. Pretty awesome.

But I guess you did satisfy your craving for a snarky ad hominem remark. You set your standards high!