View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Restaurant refuses to sing happy bday to 6 yr old

Isn't it just so much more +EV for the restaurant to just temporarily change it's policy? I mean the hostess already promised the guy, you have 5 kids there ready to get all pissed if they're turned down, not to mention you risk pissing off the adult customer who might never come back. Plus, the whole argument that took place probably took up more time that just singing the damn song. I just sang it at normal tempo and it took 19 seconds.

Also, LOL at people bashing the poor kid. He's six. I remember a birthday party I had, I'm pretty sure it was my 6th but it might have been 7th. We went to a batting cage/sports themed restaurant type place. The waitress brought out the cake, gave some other kid the first piece, and I started crying. Not like attention whore crying, I even remember thinking to myself at the time that it was not worth crying about, but I couldn't help it. I was six. Six year old kids are barely human.

And finally, how big of a nit do you have to be to have your meal RUINED by hearing the birthday song a couple tables away? Seriously, ruined?

Wife: Hey honey, how was dinner with your brother?
Husband: We heard the birthday song.
Wife: Yeah but how wa
Husband: I SAID WE HEARD THE [censored] BIRTHDAY SONG!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!!! *husband Benoits entire family*