View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Restaurant refuses to sing happy bday to 6 yr old

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Blarg, I was referring to your points that the dad was at fault for not calling ahead and for asking to speak to the manager.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said that. I just said he should call ahead. He may or may not get the manager, but at the least, he's given himself a chance to avoid wasting some time if they say no.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Now, if the father had called ahead to ask, and been told that they would get a song, he would be blameless for not going to a different restaurant. But he shouldn't even have stepped in the door of this one without even asking if they do that kind of thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this vitriol for showing up at the restaurant to ask, esp when this is a known kids/family restaurant AND there are more restaurants close by as a contingency if they get there and are told that they changed their policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm mystified too. And I've re-read the quotes a couple times. Vitriol is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

I'm not sure why poor planning should be thought of as anything else. It's pretty simple stuff. I usually check stuff like this out before driving around town. What happens if they found not just one restaurant, but two that wouldn't do the singing thing? There's no number at which not picking up a phone makes a lot of sense.

If saying someone should pick up a phone counts as vitriol, I must be a pretty bad guy, because I say lots worse.