View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Boxing This Weekend-Darchinyan/Donaire

Looking at this fight, I think the OVER 9.5 is going to get to a nice price. Currently it is at +156, but I could see that climb to close +175 and maybe even in the +185 range. That is a good bet. Vic's power is for real, but like we just saw with Wlad Klitschko, Wlad and Vic's power is best served wearing an opponets down instead of finishing them with a single or barrage of blows. Both guys can and have done it, but I see both Vic and Wlad happy to beat away on their opponet for a while and then finish the opponet when they see fit. Miguel Cotto fights this way as well.

I see Donaire using his feet a lot in this fight, he will be "on his bicycle" throughout this fight. Donaire moving around the ring and Vic stalking looking to land a few hurtful blows when given the chance. This will cause the fight to go into the later rounds. The biggest threat to an early round KO is Vic landing is going to come from a body punch.

Plus being that this is a 12 round fight you have those nice cushy 2.5 rounds where Vic can still KO Donaire, but the over still wins, because Vic LOVES LOVES LOVES getting that KO on this record.

Donaire still worth a flyer at +700, but wait it out a little for the OVER odds to got up.

Tuds