View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Carnival Cruise Poker

So I am back from my cruise.... we all had a good time, though I think Id rather just fly to one of the islands and stay 5 nights at a hotel rather than taking the cruise where you get very little time on each island.

The poker was fun and happily they had 1-2 NL. It was a video poker table
by pokertek. It worked pretty well with only one bad programming flaw (If I bet 20 and someone went all in for 22 it reopened betting for me when it came back to me).

The players were very bad as was expected, there were maybe 2 other competent players on the cruise. There were also a lot of nits who I didnt think were very good, they played way too tight and overvalued their one pair hands.
The worst part about the game was that the min buy in was $50 and 60% bought in for that amount and the rest bought in for 100 one guy would buy in for 200 but he didnt play much. I bought in for 100 usually so not to appear sharky and added up to max 200 when others had that much.

The games generally ran on and off btwn 1 pm and 5pm, but only really filled up after second dinner which meant about 1030 and ran till about 2-3am. Over the 8 day cruise I won 1500, the cashier who cashed out my account said it was the most she ever saw anyone win [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (who knows it may have been her 1st cruise) I was happy with the amount though as it covered all the on board and island expenses