View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 09:58 AM

Default Re: Let\'s build a business.

this idea sounds like it would need a lot of start up costs and a lot of capital to keep it running while it grows to profitability. do you have access to that kind of roll? i honestly dont think this is the idea that a first timer should attempt.

i like the idea, would probably hang out there with my laptop. i just think that big of a place would burn thru a lot of cash real quick. 4 floors of space comes to how much rent per month? i pay about $21-$23 per sq. ft. on a five year escalating lease for 3500 square feet. i would guess 4 floors has to have close to that much space. that's before the insurance the landlord sticks you with. then you have to have a few employees, i don't think you could run the whole shop yourself. trust me, employees, for what you get out of them, can be you costliest expense. then you have to fill the place with all the furniture, games, etc., thats before you bring in dollar one.

i do think you may be trying to do too much also. this is just a personal opinion because my business doesn't market to the public so i don't know jack about selling to the public, but maybe you just want to scale down a little and focus on one of the ideas for the floors, like the internet lounge thing, or the arcade thing in a smaller space.

as your idea stands now, i don't know if you realize what a large undertaking it is and how much capital you would realistically need to make it work. honestly, do you have access to that large of a bankroll and are you willing to risk it on this? if you do, then good luck to you and update us as you go