View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 05:16 AM

Default Re: ESPN Story

Well, at least I made a Card Player update.

[ QUOTE ]
New Chip Leader
John Dutchak is all in against two opponents he has covered. He shows A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], one shows K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and the other Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. The flop comes Q 5 4 and the worst hand takes the lead. The turn is the 2 giving Dutchak more outs. The river is the A, giving Dutchak top set and the pot. He takes the chip lead at $195,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was the poor schlub who couldn't fold his KK.

We were at level 5 with the blinds at 300 and 600 with a 75 ante. Our table was ten-handed at the time so there was 1,650 in the pot.

I was UTG with Kings and raised to 2,000. One player calls. John Dutchak is on the button and raised to 7,000. A third player is in the small blind and as I'm contemplating how much I'm going to reraise, he starts counting out chips for another raise. He made it 20,000.

I started the hand with 60,150. Both players had me covered.

Dutchak had been particularly aggressive in the last few hands including raising out of the blinds with ATo and showing the table. He certainly didn't need AA to reraise pre-flop.

The small blind was a bit erratic. He had made quite a few pre-flop reraises and flop raises against pre-flop raisers during our 7 hours of playing together. Still, his 20,000 raise had me a bit unnerved.

With 2,000 in the pot already, I decided on an all-in or fold approach. And, of course, I made the wrong choice.

Dutchak called right away and I was sure I was beat. I was surprised when the Small Blind also called for all his chips (about 45,000 more). I was actually worried for a second that it could be AA vs. KK vs. KK but hoping for AA vs. KK vs. AA.