Thread: routine?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: routine?

[ QUOTE ]

can you really put him on 78 or 9t? a cc w/ 78 is highly unlikely and then not raising the flop w/ said 78 even makes it less likely he holds that hand. 9t is a lttle more likely if your grasping at strwas but even then if you run the numbers at poker stove and give him either 9t OR 87 in his range w/ 22.33.77.and 88 its still an easy fold. i think overpairs are out for the 4 bet..they MIGHT call 3 but not make it 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think T9 is necessarily likely, but possible. What I was trying to get at is that I think your perceived hand range and his actual hand range are two different things.

Basically, The Llama said everything I was going to say. Granted, I've never played 75/150, but even at 50/100, no one ever believes anyone. I don't think your expectation of this guy folding his overpair on the turn after getting the excessive action that he was hoping for with his PF/flop line is going to happen, but maybe it's my hand range that's off.

Ultimately, I think AA is best/has outs often enough to not only see the river, but also a showdown.