View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Las Vegas Small buy in Tourney Strategies? Lost?

[ QUOTE ]
No offense intended but your play seems very weak tight. You should loosen up your calling/raising ranges and definitely step up the aggression.

My experience in these types of tourneys is to play your solid hands very fast and aggro and you will likely get paid off. Also, most touristy players (definitely not all villians) are only level 1 thinkers/calling stations and will easily stack off with TPnoK or gut shot str8 draws. They also are very afraid of blind increases and usually play waaay to tight and get short stacked.

Personally, I've found a lot of success in shoving over the top of most raisers when I have AQ/AK in the BB since you see a lot of A rag/Q9o type of hands when you get called. Also, if the table seems timid and there are a 5-6 limpers, I put in a big raise with top 30% hands from the BB, almost always results in folds all around and dead money if you get a caller.

I play a ton of SnG's online and treat each live lower buyin MTT like a SnG on the bubble. Lots of stealing and restealing. Most people don't have a clue how to respond to the aggression, but be careful with those that do.

Bottom line, table image usually means nothing so play more hands more aggro!!

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense taken, rip me new one, i need all the constructively critical advice I can get.

I'm on a poker island and don't have any friends who play, so I don't have anyone who is good to discuss strategy and my play with. If it wasn't for this great forum, I'd have nothing at all.

Thanks for you advice, I will let it sink in and try to apply it the next time I'm at the table.

I find online to be much more tight that live. Do you? I'm wondering if the online game has negatively effected my live game.