View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: When should I raise the white flag?

I disagree about tightening up preflop - any tighter and your butt would be a diamond manufacturing plant. I see your posts here a lot and my honest opinion is that you are good at asking for advice, but very bad at using it to your advantage. Your VPIP is tiny (I like low to mid twenties at least), and while I’m not sure I’ll guess it should be slightly higher at the higher limits, not the other way round. You need to avoid donk-limping from the SB – those numbers soiled my shorts - if you can't raise, RARELY call. Your losses when combined with high W$SD suggest to me that you are waiting to find monsters before initiating action. This makes it easy to win small pots and easy for opponents to lay down to your scoopers. You are probably calling too much postflop, judging by your c. 60% W$SD with net losses. My off the cuff suggestions, in addition to the above, is to take a few more chances with your better drawing hands on the turn, as you need to make people pay when your equity is favorable. I play PLO8 almost exclusively, so maybe this is bad advice, but shouldn't you at least try stealing blinds every now and then? It would go a long way to masking your better starting hands. As it stands your opponents probably find your play entirely too predictable. Sort by players you have lost the most $ too and throw them a curveball every now and then (or avoid them if you can't change your game), and as always be willing to jump ship on a hand if it goes horribly wrong. If you are only down a few buyins over 14K hands, you are slowly bleeding, and this can usually be fixed. Don't give up yet, change your game today.