View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Ask the Lounge About Men

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shouldn’t he break it off if he doesn’t want to marry her?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but he probably does want to marry her. Eventually. He's just not sure if there's someone else out there he'd want to marry MORE. He doesn't want to close the door on that possibility yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no, this is exactly what every girl is afraid of. See, it's one thing if our guy is simply afraid of committment because he doesn't want to lose his freedoms and doesn't want to be at a wife's beck and call. Or, if he simply doesn't want to grow up. Some girls wouldn't mind if their guy said "Look, I'm just not into getting married. Trust me, if i were into it you'd be the girl no question. I promise I'm not looking for anyone else. I just don't want to get married." But what we do not want to discover is that our guy has been biding his time, waiting to see if something better is going to come down the pike. That's the worst possible scenario if you ask me.

I used to listen to that talk radio psychologist, Dr. Joy, and I remember that she always said men put women into 3 categories: those they will gladly marry, those they will sleep with but have no intention of ever marrying, and those they will not even consider sleeping with ever. I guess I was wondering if my friend's sister (and her non-committal guy) fall into the second category.