View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Re: 10r: Deepstack w/ AK

This is a very tough spot. I have trouble with it as well so I am interested in what others have to say.

There is about 6k in the pot when BB raises. His raise makes the pot $18k. It will cost you $8400 for a pot of $18k. You are getting better than 2-1. Seems like an easy call.

The problem is what happens after the flop. Assuming the button goes in for his last 10k you are probably committed here. So your implied odds are really paying $18.4k for a pot of $28k. Now you are less than 2-1. You are about 1.5 - 1

That all being said, his range indicates to me a non-monster top pair or AK. He probably makes a smaller raise with AA or KK. He probably calls with set odds with anything lower than 10 10. AK is a good hand here and sometimes you are lucky and see AQ here, depending on the buyin. 10 10, JJ and QQ want this pot now.

I'd say a TAG range is 10-10, JJ, QQ, AK, AQ.

I don't have pokerstove here but I am guessing you are getting better than 1.5 - 1 to shove against that assigned range. And of course you want to see 5 cards with AK so don't just call.