View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 07:34 PM

Default Re: ** FT Sweat: Congrats vincevegas, Llama & Bonified!

I'd just like to thank everyone for supporting me ... playing the final table was a lot of fun. I really thought I had a good shot at winning, but I'm very happy with 4th place and 60k.

It was an absolute pleasure meeting and playing with 2+2er Andy Ward ("bonified"). He seemed like a super nice guy and a very solid player.

The final table was pretty tough, much tougher than my first 2 tables. When it got to the final 4 I got cold decked and couldn't do much really with the huge blinds. Andy was getting a ton of hands but played real well and deserved to get second.

I've played tens of thousands of hands online with Van Diesel and he is a great player, in my opinion one of the best online shorthanded players in the world. Seemed like a really nice guy too. I made some super sick bluffs against him (and Ram) that I think I could get away with based on his image of me from online play and early in the FT.

Ram seemed like a chill, nice guy as well, but my assessment of his play is a little different than Andy's. Although he played pretty solidly overall, I felt he missed a lot of easy value bets, coldcalled too much, and overdefended his big blind. However, it's almost impossible to assess a player's skill without seeing him play thousands of hands, especially in a complex game like limit holdem, so its totally possible in my mind that he is an expert player.

I'll be back next year for the bracelet!