View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Is it bigoted to denounce Islam as immoral and even \'disgusting\'?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, it is bigoted. There is a difference between opposing Islam and saying it is evil. If your rant had happened here instead of IRL, I would ban you.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you say someone's belief that a specific religion is evil is bigoted? He is perfectly entitled to this belief, and has every right to express it. Ah yes as the followers of Radical Islam have every right to strap a bomb to their chest and go kill a bunch of school childeren. But I don't have the right to pre emptivly stop them.

Notice I say RADICAL Islam because I differentiane Muslim= okay Radical Muslim = I'll kill you if I can before you kill me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

How about this statement: "I feel that any religion that believes people will be tortured for eternity is inherently immoral and evil." Or: "Any religion that worships a god who slaughtered innocent children in their beds is evil." Are these bannable also?

OP, there's nothing bigoted about what you said. But people get extra touchy about religion so you should probably expect the reaction you got.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is okay for their "Radical Sect" to kill people because they believe it is for good. But it's not ok to be in Iraq to try to stop them.