View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 11:10 AM

Default Re: PLO8 Making A Comeback?

I would agree with most of what you said Mend...Stars sporadically has a lot of $50 buy-in games going...Actually yesterday there were quite a few $100 games going, I'd say about 6 tables of NLO8 and 4 tables of PLO8...

But I will agree with you on the regulars in the game...It was about a week ago I was playing on Tilt and one of the $100 tables I was playing at had 5 good players at it (not to have a big ego or anything, but I'm including myself in this group)...I was like WTF how the hell am I supposed to make any money from guys who are all on the same level as me?? I don't make my money beating up on them...I guess it's a good training ground for moving up to the $200-$400 games...But when you see guys like HOSSE, daveb, GASSS, etc. sitting $200-$400 it doesn't seem like such a great proposition as it did 14 months ago when you could get into those games and at least have a few people who were hold 'em players and didn't have a clue...I mean while I have the bankroll to move up now (and I would like to), I just see it as a lose-lose situation as there are still enough fish at the $100 level to beat up on...

I haven't seen the $1000 or $2000 game run in awhile on Stars, which is a shame...

There definitely needs to be an injection of liquidity into this game, but I just thought it was interesting that the PLO8 tourney was getting so much attention as I hadn't ever seen an online PLO8 tourney that big outside of the WCOOP or FTOPS...