View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 03:13 AM

Default Re: improving my WTSD

[ QUOTE ]
one further thing, i don't much like raising limpers with unsuited high cards from the blinds, multiway especially (i.e AK in hand 7 is asking for trouble unless the field is super passive). unless you're doing this with a decent range it gives away your hand and makes you easier to play against, and plus gives others the odds to chase further.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not pushing the eq edge here with AK against this many villains is a significant mistake. Saying Hero should call to decrease their odds to chase later on is a terrible line of thinking. So you should also check behind a marginal hand like 2nd pair on the flop so villains dont have odds to call with their draws on the turn?

[ QUOTE ]
hand 10 find a raise somewhere, flop or prob turn. why are you assuming you're behind? many people with donk with any two on that board. you've got nearly 5000 hands on this guy but no read on what a donk means?? as played i've got no idea what to do on the river, probably a fold is ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think raising is an option against some players. But without reads I prefer to play it passively. Whether a raise is good REALLY depends on what villain donks with and without reads I always assume they donk with made hands more often than draws. Other than that Yourface explains pretty well why raising the 44 is a mistake often enough.