View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 01:23 AM

Default LC: Improved play at the lower buyins?

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the general level of play at the 6.50s on Stars has gotten better. The reason I post this is twofold. 1, to see if others have also noticed this, or if it's just me. And 2, if I'm right, then I'm hoping some of the respected vets from the higher levels will take this into account when responding to our OP's.

Don't get me wrong. The typical 6.50'er is still fairly awful, I just think I've seen less bad slowplaying and bluffing lately, which are the two hallmarks of bad play (doing both of the above too much). I find the villians doing this much more appropriately. I've also found bubble and HU play to be much better. Personally I've adjusted my play lately to these changes.

Final word, I am in no way trying to discourage players from higher buyins from responding to our posts. Quite the opposite, I value your opinions. But if I'm right, then we all need to factor this trend into our analysis and replies. I often see replies that say something like "well, it's a villian at the 6.50's, so...." Maybe this isn't as applicable as it once was. Or maybe I'm just nuts [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Just FWIW