View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 07:57 PM

Default Re: improving my WTSD

[ QUOTE ]
turn fsdr is ok I guess but I think a better line is to let villain barrel off. assuming villain bets the river with non-showdownable hands (safe assumption imo) we win the same from missed draws, we lose less to draws that get there because we can safely fold to certain river cards, and again we avoid being pushed off the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe, not sure about this. it's pretty close. if we don't raise the turn we probably have to call most rivers imho, so not sure we lose less when draws get there. i'd rather raise while probably ahead - as i said though a lot depends on the read on the flop donk. i'm also not so sure this villian is definitely putting in another bet on the river with a busted draw, maybe. raising the turn here also provides some balance for semi-bluff turn raises.

[ QUOTE ]
and you've gots to raise AKo preflop in hand 7. you have a significant equity edge you need to push.

[/ QUOTE ]
your equity changes so drastically on the flop in this situation i'd rather wait and see it before putting in more bets. you're bloating the pot out of position, with cards unlikely to win unimproved multiway, i don't like doing that except against certain opposition. if they're suited i'll raise.