View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Shortstack strategy?

i use to do this method but it didn't work out well. I then started to have a middle stack strategy with 50BB's or so. The only way for this strategy and your SSS strategy to work is if you leave once you double up.

Would anyone here say middlestacking is dumb because a lot of people say thats like the worst thing you can do at 50BB. They say either buy in full or shortstack but never middle stack because you get the worst of it.

The only problems i have with middlestacking is say if theres a raiser and i have a hand like 22-99 b/c if its tough for me to call b/c i know i lose out if i hit a set and only can stack the other player for only 40BB etc b/c i started around 50BB or so. The other problem is that i will hit a set and they fold OR they bet and i fold b/c of 3 high cards.

The positive thing about this strategy is that you can't get stacked for 100BBs with your AA/KK on a 7 5 2 board to someones set. You basically lose only 1/2 a buyin. Same as with AK on a A 7 3 board because you give them less implied odds eventhough they may get you with a set though it isn't your full buyin. The other positive thing is that if they don't have a set, you usually go all in on the turn and they are either drawing to 2 outs or 5 outs and call b/c they see you as having very little left.

Anyone use this middle stack strategy? I tried to do it and it seemed better than the SSS but it has cons like the 2 i just mentioned. Another poster said they do the same thing with 50BBs and would like to know if anyone else plays this way.