View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 06:00 PM

Default $1060 WSOP ME MegaSat: TPTK Butchered Line, Value bet too thin?

$1060 WSOP ME mega satellite at Rio, 2nd level (50/100).

Villain has about 4500, I cover. Villain has only turned up about 15 minutes ago, he is probably around 35-40 slick black hair, glasses, open-shirt and jacket. He has been in a few pots already, usually limping in pre-flop then calling or folding post, he hasnt seen a show down yet and I dont think he has raised pre or post flop either.

Firstly, what can I infer from this? Playing somewhere inbetween typical old guy and young internet guy?

Ive been relatively inactive and card dead but we are only about 45minutes in, taken down a few pots but nothing spectacular.

Blinds 50/100
Villain 4750, I just cover.
So to the hand, I get AhJh UTG+1 and make it 300, he calls in MP. Everyone else folds.

Flop J52r

I bet 450, he raises to 1450 (with around 3k behind).
Given little information about villain, Im going with range of something like set, QQ, JT, QJ, KJ, AJ. I definately expect most players to r/r AA,KK pre and many older ones to call QQ pre to EP raise.

Should I just push here? Expecting him to call with his whole range? Most of these players dont seem good and I would not expect almost anyone at my table to consider laying down top pair, ever.

If I call I would expect this guy (from my impression of his look) to push QQ and set on turn and check a J (maybe pushing AJ). Not sure if he is capable of bluff raising me full stop but I also dont think he will push in as a bluff on the turn.

I call, looking to avoid T,Q,K. Turn 9d. Check, check.

River Qd. I bet 1200. Too thin?

Im pretty sure I butchered this hand so any advice appreciated.