View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Forum Project: Building a Web Business Step-By-Step

Hey guys, I guess this is just me trying to hype up the opportunity to help me, but I think a step-by-step development of what I want to do could be an interesting project and probably provide at least some insight for others.

Basically I've developed a pretty sophisticated system for projecting baseball performance on a daily basis. This is a service that essentially doesn't exist right now and between rotohog.com, fantasysportslive.com, sports betting, and even "who do I start?" issues in standard leagues I think there is a ton of demand for this. I'd also be able to offer high-quality "from this point forward" projections throughout the year.

My current plan is a subscription model with subs not starting until next spring in order to build a user base now and to allow me to finish polishing the projection system. I hope to launch the site within a week though and I'll have a blog, forums, and some other contest that's of use/interest to rotohog and fsl players.

Let me know if you think this would be of value to the forum and if so I'll post part 1, "selecting a domain name and hosting options." Future parts could include site design, content cultivation, encouraging user-created content, product promotion, pricing, etc, etc.