View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 10:18 AM

Default Re: improving my WTSD

[ QUOTE ]
to increase my wtsd by 5% i'd have to get to showdown around 35 extra times in 750 hands (assuming i see a flop roughly 1/3 of the time). if i only made a 2-4 wrong folds i don't see how this is possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is entirely possible that your sample wasn't valid (750 hands really won't reveal much) and it is also possible that you are looking at the wrong things. I agree with you that many of those hands are marginal. If you have the habit of always folding on the margin though, then good opponents will force you to make mistakes where the action doesn't look at all marginal to you. If someone is folding too often to pressure then you better believe that I will pick a few spots to apply extra pressure with a second best hand. Full Tilt 3/6 is aggressive enough that you need to find more ways to get to showdown, even if that means giving free cards where you wouldn't be comfortable with a raise. b/f is a valid line but against some opponents it is better just to get to showdown with marginal made hands while snapping off river bluffs.

Out of curiosity, what is your overall river fold percentage?