View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 02:06 AM

Default Re: IMPORTANT: Please sign the Anti-UIGEA petition!!!

[ QUOTE ]
It's too bad they chose such a poor online petition site for this. I would gladly sign but have no desire to give up the level of privacy and information they require. There are plenty of online petition sites that let you sign a petition without having to sacrifice your privacy to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Feel free to not participate. Not sure I'd have used my 17th post here to discourage others from participating, but that's certainly your right as well.

For everyone else, simply select the "don't display my name" box and deselect the two boxes to the right offering to email alerts. Any standard IE7/Mozilla/Opera security setting will block any third party cookies. That will satisfy the privacy concerns of 99% of us.

The cookie from the actual site can easily be deleted, if you accept it in the first place. Here's the report:

[ QUOTE ]
This page wishes to set the cookie
c2_user_state="566685b7baa9a277802b3b9436f7a5f8%3A 0"

This value will be sent to documents on all servers in the domain thepetitionsite.com, and paths that are starting in /.

The cookie will be deleted when Opera is closed.
----------------------
Full cookie request:

c2_user_state=566685b7baa9a277802b3b9436f7a5f8%3A0 ; path=/; domain=.thepetitionsite.com

[/ QUOTE ]

In short, if you're concerned, delete your cookies when done, or shut off your cookies before entering the site. It will function without cookies just fine.