View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 01:01 AM

Default Re: Flopped two pair on flushy flop and LOT of action...It\'s to you...

[ QUOTE ]
I need a reason to call here

[/ QUOTE ]A nice multi-way pot with 3 people in and we get to close the action? That's good enough for me. Sure I'd rather be in position and SCs don't play as well OOP, but I still there's value to be had here.

On the flop I check and then push after this action, but I guess I'm just spewy and bad. CO is your real worry here, as I think MP1's range consists of mostly overpairs, but CO's line looks like either a set or a big draw (which may have less outs against you than he thinks). The thing is, I think we can discount sets slightly because with you having paired the board twice there are less cards available for him to have made a set with.

Now if I had some reason to believe CO wouldn't do this with a draw, then I could find a fold here. (And since better players than I are suggesting a fold, a fold is likely in order [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

However, I don't understand why people are saying to lead this flop. This seems to be great for a c/r. You have a pf raiser who will often put in a bet, but if he doesn't you have two players who have overpairs a lot and will bet to protect their hands. Still, your hand is vulnerable so a c/r will end it quickly, or get it all in against a draw, which isn't a bad result for you.