View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 07:48 PM

Default Re: 5 handed ftp 55k final table hand

[ QUOTE ]
first of all, it's a quarter of our stack, second of all, wtf? you mean to tell me that you would only make a small 3-bet with two aces or two kings? swell!

i guess maybe some ppl would be better at reading what flop textures to c-bet here, and some people would be worse at it, and that seperates who shoves for like 7 thousand dimtes the pot and who makes a smaller 3-bet or elects to call/trap?

dunno, just looking for en explanation

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm I guess I misread stack sizes, but ok its in between 1/3rd and 1/4th of effective stack. For some reason I thought it was a third. Also I generally raise more than 3x a raise when I reraise from the blinds, so my standard raise here would be about 1/3rd of the effective stack. (around 60k)

In general I will do whatever fits the situation best with hands like AA-KK-AK etc. However if I'm playing someone good or observant I will either push everything, or make sure to 3 bet smaller with weak hands to cover up my raises with AA-KK, but I'd still push them occasionally.

Anyway I'm sure raising small is ok, I don't have some giant problem with it or anything, I'm just saying I'd be more likely to go allin. Meanwhile absolutely no one suggested moving allin, and instead everyone wanted to raise almost a third of our stack preflop.

One thing that that's for certain is that pushing is going to be +EV by quite a longshot. Normal 3 bet will be too, and it's hard to figure out which is actually going to yield better results. I tend to just lean towards the lower variance play, which is moving allin, when I think it's close.

Anyway my main rant is that not a single person even suggested moving allin, if I read correctly.