View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 07:07 PM

Default Re: If this wasn\'t in the blinds, I would have folded...should I anywa

[ QUOTE ]
These types of hands are tough especially oop with nothing but TP3K. I think that you are ahead of a lot of the hands that could be raising your cbet on the flop such as any middle pp, A7-AT. Keep in mind that you're often going to get raised lighter on the flop because open raising from the SB practically never gets any credit.

I think you're either WA/WB here so instead of calling the flop and re-evaluating the turn( this line so often blows unless you have a read that villain will give up and check behind on the turn if he was raising you without AQ+ or 2pair/set etc.) so why not 3bet the flop. It's cheaper than calling down, and pretty much defines your hand as tptk. For me the hand would play out much easier, because 2pair or a set is probably going to push over your 3bet given the flush possiblilty. I think this approach here wins us the pot now more often when we are ahead and helps us get away easier when we're behind. Also remember that this is $25NL and villain is unkown(likely horrible [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ).

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting...not a play I make often at all. So, you re-pop it to 10-12? Then, fold if he comes back at me? Stop if he calls? Not a play in my arsenal, so I definitely would have felt uncomfortable doing it.