View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Thremp - Hot Sizzle Summer Log

Some notes before I go into my log:
1) When I get the EZ Curl bar into place to do skullcrushers, I have to get up and lay down. Now this may not seem like it is very hefty, but doing this with 40 lbs on your chest and >10 times makes for a pretty exciting ab workout. When you couple this with the Swiss Ball crap I had to do today, you can understand why I'm sitting here with an ice pack on my stomach.
2) Given the fact that I have not lifted in two months and the absurd high volume that this program requires, there is an absurd amount of soreness that has happened and is expected to happen. I'll likely spend my time tomorrow recovering from possible partying tonight, feeling like death, and doing feeder workouts and icing and stretching in general.
3)Despite hiking being rather unballer, it has made a huge difference on the muscular endurance of my lower body. I thought a threw a challenging weight on for my 2nd session and I just crushed it.
4) I am not doing exactly the reps Staley recommends. I'm doing 60-70, which is his recommendation for 15 minute periods in a 20 minute period.

July 3 -
A1 - Hyperextension - BW
A2 - Swiss Ball Crunches - BW
Notes: 120 reps. Way more than I wanted to get.

B1 - Leg Extensions - 100 - 11500 total
B2 - Leg Curls - 70 - 8050 total
Notes: 115 reps. Really stunned as I thought this would be way closer to failure for hamstrings. Oh well looks like weight goes up next time as well.