View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Re: How long have you been playing?

Since 1988. First round ever (at the age of 22) was in 104 degrees (if any of you remember the sweltering we endured in the midwest that year). Had a birdie putt on my 7th hole ever. Three putted and didn't make a par for almost a year after that.

Not counting the first couple of rounds, started out in the 110 range. Slowly working that down ever since, including dropping mulligans at the 100 mark or so. Now I keep it under 90 most days, with 78 (+7) for a career best.

I play in a weekly nine hole league in the summer, and one or maybe two 18 hole rounds per month. Mix in the occasional (once per year) off season golf trip (Played 54 in Vegas last March) and that's about it. It used to be more, but then marriage and kids took away most of the time.

I usually play in the 6000-6500 yard range, which is almost always the white tees. The nicest thing about living in here in West Michigan is the plethora of decent, cheap public courses. Average cost to walk 18 at a decently maintained course on the weekend is $25. For more of a CC atmosphere (and the better conditions / higher challenge) you'd average maybe $35. Top of line is $65-85, but that includes the mandatory cart.