View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: 5 handed ftp 55k final table hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In the hand in question, 3/bet call for sure. 77/88 are def getting pushed, AJ lots of the time and KQ too.

In general, I'm not a huge fan of flatting in spots like this. It could just be that people give me less respect than most, but I find myself getting pushed back on here

by a range wide enough that calling the 4 bet is def correct. Also, my postflop play isn't that great, but don't you find it hard to play these pots when you miss the flop?

Btw, I am "mhrep." Sick beat [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

well i def don't find it unlikely that ppl push back at you lighter...you seem to play pretty damn aggro. and maybe they push back light to me as well, either way in the future i will be 3-bet/calling here as it seems the general consensus is to do so.

wtf does mhrep mean btw?

[ QUOTE ]
I would have just gone allin PF with a hand like AQ and other mediocre hands, while MAYBE raising less with my biggest hands and my bluff hands. Mainly I want to discourage pocket pairs from calling so I'll do go allin, but also for balance I'll do it with JJ-88 type hands. You are a little deeper for this than I'd like, but I think 30x BB just makes the cut. I just don't see the point of raising 1/3rd of your stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think these are all valid points.

how about if we are 40 deep everyone? i think that changes things at least a little bit.

thx for the responses so far everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

40 BBs I reraise to like 10x the BB and then figure out what to do if they push.