View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Well, Florida, how did the first day of NL/$5limit games treat you

[ QUOTE ]
I guess the point is that it's a way to keep the game moving instead of having to top off everyone between every hand. It would make more sense if a time charge were taken, I suppose. But it seems like that could be tweaked somewhat, like not allowing a rebuy of less than $25 or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

A suggestion: players are allowed to keep rebuy money in a rack or series of racks, covered by a box or another rack. To comply with the Division of Pari-Mutuels's interpretation of the laws, this money is not in play. Between hands, players may announce they are "topping up" and then the dealer can watch them refresh their stack. Also, players could tip and pay for things out of this funding, as opposed to paying with money on the table, which is technically ratholing. Maybe this money could be kept on a stand to the side of the player's seat, or on a shelf under the table, but both of these incur costs for the stands and shelves.

Problems I forsee:
Invites players to rathole, but not any more than players pocketing chips, and other players can keep track of each other, just like they do now.

Also, any room doing time charge (not just in FL, but anywhere) should sell tokens to pay time with that don't play in games, so that $60 doesn't come off the table per down. Just a thought.