View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 11:58 AM

Default Re: ***Official July Fantasy Baseball Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Burdz,

If it were my team, I'd be starting Glaus or Thome ahead of Pierre, and Pierre would be waltzing his ass to the WW in favor of a new 2B. Which 2B are available?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like him or not, Juan Pierre has 31 steals. That lineup can definitely use the speed

[/ QUOTE ]
If not for Pierre his catcher would be leading his team in SB!

Depending who's available I doubt they'd be much worse than Glaus.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it were roto, I could see hanging onto Pierre. But not in H2H. That's why I asked who's available at 2B on the waiver wire since he need's to replace Kinsler (out 2-6 weeks; that's kind of a long time to float an injured starter). If there are no good FA available, then he could surely trade Pierre for a 2B.

Pierre is a fantasy liability. Take away the 32 steals, and you are left with 0 HR, 19 RBI, and a .276 BA. He has 47 runs on the season, but he only scored 12 in May and 12 in June (he hasn't posted an OBP over .315 in any month this year). His steals do not make up for the lack of production in the other categories.

You don't have to cover every category to win a H2H league. Playing Thome or Glaus (both of their numbers look subpar because of DL stints) over Pierre would pretty well lock up HR and RBI, with no loss of production in runs and batting average.