View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 08:34 AM

Default Re: Politics Forum Split

[ QUOTE ]
You politics guys wear your pants too tight, I suggest you loosen up, otherwise you'll have a heart attack before your glorious AC revolution comes to pass.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I have this condition where I get annoyed anytime someone acts like a pompous dick. Of course, I could just as easily tell you to loosen up and stop being so offended that people are discussing something you don't like and to stop trying to micromanage discussion.
[ QUOTE ]
A while ago, there was a debate in the Politics forum about whether there should, or should not, be an AC FAQ that is stickied in the front page. I thought it was a bad idea for the same reason creating a "Political Theory" forum is a bad idea. When you create a FAQ, or a whole forum, dedicated to AC, then you are legitimizing an extreme political ideology that very few people buy into.

[/ QUOTE ]
Like it or not discussion about ACism is what most politics posters like to do. With the exception of thread hijacking which I think should be enforced against, anyone that doesn't feel like discussing AC can avoid it.

The AC faq has decreased discussion about AC, which was it's intended purpose. Many people will put rendom questions about AC in threads, and Instead of hijacking a thread ACist can simply tell the person to read the part of the faq that addresses this question.
[ QUOTE ]
I know you're going to come back with the "it's a political theory forum, not an AC forum", but we all know what it is that you want. The only political theory topics that come up are things like "How does gravity work under AC" or "Why can't I buy a Whopper without the STATE breathing down my back?".

[/ QUOTE ]
Any theory posts are welcomed. There happens to be mostly AC theory posts because a disproportionately large amount of people want to discuss the theory.
[ QUOTE ]
Any political theory topics that are not about AC, quickly degrade into arguments about AC.

-childish insult snipped-

[/ QUOTE ]
I await your evidence of ACists doing this.
[ QUOTE ]
I think banning hijackers, that derail every single thread in politics, even if it's just for an hour, will put a quick stop to the mess that is the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good, we agree.