View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 08:06 AM

Default 50NL - Minbet wtf??? Doing Heads

Minbets are really starting to [censored] me. How someone can bet 50 cents into $5 is beyond me.

I associate this play with fish but they seem to be so effective against me at times, I am starting to think this is a good play. Can someone please explain to me wtf they mean and the best way to combat them or do they just mean anything and thus so hard to play against?

Do any of you ever employ the minbet tactic and please give your reasons behind it?

Thoughts appreciated as always.

A standard example from 2 mins ago:

Ultimate Bet - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $8.53
BB: $10.08
UTG: $69.95
Hero (MP): $28.34
CO: $37.45
BTN: $21.68

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds

Flop: ($2.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises all-in to $7.53</font>, Hero says go fy fish??????????