View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 07:36 AM

Default Re: The WSOP does not help w/ tournament deals on a liability issue (W

ipp147,

I agree with all your points except one, that being the announcement of a split during a program. Jurollo (2p2 poster) made it deep in a NL event and chopped for over $300k, and no such deal was announced, the announcers just noted that the players went on an unscheduled break and that was that.

However, what you do say is in fact true, because an infinite amount of players will still come to get hassled just to say they are in the WSOP. To quote another poster in the fire jack effel thread, while myself, a poker nerd, will still end up going every year and taking it, random joe gambler may not due to limitless problems such as this.

It just irks me slightly that the largest brand name organization in regards to running poker tournaments has used the economic "excuse" as a means of running a terrible set of WSOPs in the last 2 years, and this (imo) adding to the list.

However I do think you are totally spot on, and I hope to get word from someone like Mr. Grooms on what his policies were in a similar situation when he was running things, and if tournament directors went out of their way to assure players would be able to make a chop without having to deal it personally and sign contracts.