View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Report: Al Qaeda Planning Summer Terror Spectacular

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=3336148

"A secret U.S. law enforcement report, prepared for the Department of Homeland Security, warns that al Qaeda is planning a terror "spectacular" this summer, according to a senior official with access to the document.

"This is reminiscent of the warnings and intelligence we were getting in the summer of 2001," the official told ABCNews.com."

I'm surprised this has not gotten any attention in this forum, especially in light of the recent events in Britain. I fear that the lack of any terrorist attacks on US soil in the past 6 years has made us complacent. It is times like these that we need to remind ourselves of the threats that we face and reaffirm our resolve to protect our homeland. Let us not forget that despite our differences, we all have an interest in the safety of our country. So I call upon everyone in here to reflect upon our common interests over this July 4th holiday and take a moment to appreciate what we are protecting.

By the way, I have been absolutely sickened by some of the conspiracy theory posts that have been popping up in this forum over the past couple of weeks. To suggest that the US government orchestrated the attacks of 9/11 is despicable and insult to the people who lost their lives that day. It is on par with Holocaust denial in my opinion. Although I am opposed to outright censorship, I think Nielsio should be vehemently shouted down and shunned from this board. Although Borodog and I have had our disagreements in the past, I commend him for helping debunk the nonsense that Nielsio has been spewing.

Regards,
Steven Bickford