View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Sickest thing I\'ve ever seen at a poker table...

So I've been in Vegas for the WSOP and have some buddys up this week who are from back home in Toronto. Last night we had a fun $1/$2 NL session at the Mirage where the four of us just got hammered and [censored] around. I'd been playing most of the pots and running really well, stacking people all over the place. I'd recently stacked one of my friends and had just generally cold-decked him in a few pots before this hand.

I limp KK UTG (I'd done some limping from EP so this wasn't totally inconsistent with my play) and my friend in the CO raises. Blinds fold, I call. At this point we're all really drunk and just shooting the [censored] about different things and having fun with the rest of the table so there's not a whole lot of focus going on.

So the flop comes K99r, and I check. At this point, my buddy looks at the flop, then looks up around the table to follow the action, then says "Oh [censored], just me and you again? Jesus [censored] christ I muck.." as he throws his cards into the muck. Everyone chuckles... then I turn over KK and the whole table erupts..

It was pretty hilarious..

Brag: I actually had fun playing live poker.

Beat: I'm so Vegas'd out and uninterested in playing live that I'm coming home tomorrow without playing the main event.

Variance: I'm actually looking forward to grinding some hands out online when I get home, and not having the mood of my day hinge on the results of a few hands. It's not surprising that most of these live pros are utterly insane.