View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Where does Party put their spyware on your computer

[ QUOTE ]
We all know that even if you officially uninstall Party from your computer, they still leave tracking programs on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No we don't all know that....because it's not true. Simple test....install Zone Alarm software firewall. Nothing can gain access to the internet without your permission. A pop up box will come up every single time a program attempts to access the net, unless you check the box giving it full rights to access the net permanently.

That being said, when the US ban came down and we could no longer play on Party, I uninstalled the Party software and removed the Party net access settings from Zone Alarm. Since that day I have NEVER been notified that any unknown software or Party software is attempting to access the net.

So it can "track" me all it wants, because it's not attempting to "phone home" by accessing the net. Sorry, not sure where you got this info, but I've seen no signs of such. There are enough people around here with software firewalls like Zone Alarm that have uninstalled Party and would have seen this happening.

Not trying to be a jerk, just passing along some info. Also, I should add this could be something they've added since the UIGEA, but it definitely wasn't there pre-ban.