View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Stupid preflop decision vs DeathDonkey

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Position here helps a lot. Easy fold for 2-more from the BB, but from the button with a slightly larger pot you have to call. Capping has merits too IMO, but I think I prefer seeing if SB caps it himself so I know where I'm at.

[/ QUOTE ]

SB tried to tell you where you were at the first time around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop it. Joe said the person was passive. Not super duper passive or never ever ever ever raises passive. Dude is sitting in a 4-handed 50-100 limit holdem game. That alone should tell you that he's not the nittiest dude on the block. Even Passive Guy has more than JJ-AA, AK here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, no. I game select very well, thanks. I found this game and didn't even answer the phone when DD called me it was so good. He had to find me in it, then this hand happened. The SB calls with many hands here, 99, A6o, T8o, QTo, but 3-bets premium. I was sure of it.

When this was 2 bets back to me, I thought, "20% cold equity, 22% at best".

[/ QUOTE ]

If you say so, but I find it really tough to believe. I assume you saw him just call with 99. Big dif obv between 99 and the other hands you listed.

Even so, you're getting 4-1 even if he caps and you have position and play better than him postflop and DD is trapped in the middle which is also good. I'm still calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

but DD should not be 'trapped' here, in that he should be aware of SBs tendencies, and thus his 4bet should be a real hand that is more than happy to have joe in there with his 9-high.