View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 11:46 AM

Default Re: 100 NL, value bet 3 streets with AA, or check/call?

[ QUOTE ]
he's gotta put AQ in youre range but yet he calls 2 times
i figure straight draws give up on turn so rule out KJ J9 expect when they are spades
other then that i would think QQ TT might reraise either turn or river KK would reraise also on river IMO so i think a check call wouldnt be terrible either

[/ QUOTE ]

There also exist people who might bet a pair of queens for value if checked to which makes the check call a bit more attractive (because you will get paid both by bluffs and med. strength hands).

The real answer is dependant upon your read of the villian and what his bluffing frequency is when he has a busted draw and if he is likely to check behind with his med. strength hands or not. Since there is no read you have to think about a generic person who plays at the level you're playing.

I think most would be smart enough to check behind with a queen, but I wouldn't necassarily bank on him bluffing at this on the end (either because he doesn't bluff or because he believes you are checking to try to induce him to bluff). Although if you know he is a bluffer, this isn't a bad card for him to try to bluff.

It's tough because I think he is more likely to have a busted draw, but I just don't know if he will bluff with it whereas I am a bit more sure that someone with a queen will call a small bet, but these are less likely holdings IMO.