Thread: MGM Grand room
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 11:30 AM

Default Re: MGM Grand room

I play @ the MGM 4 weekends/yr. I love playing there. Limit games are 2/4, 3/6 and 4/8 and are enjoyable soft.

IMO, here are the only negatives in the room...

There is a group of young locals who work on their LAG play @ the limit games late at night. So don't get suckered in by their "drunk stupid" act. If you ID them, it can be to your advantage to go with the loose play they whip up.

The bar next door can be really loud as the waitstaff jumps up on the bar and tables and dance.

Limit games often dry up and die about 4 am and often have no sign of life until noon. NL is 24/7.

Some people don't like having dealers play at their game. Lots of MGM dealers come back and play. The good news, most suck. I've encountered only one I had to watch out for.

On the good news side, do get the Players Club card and use it. The food credit isn't much. But my wife likes the small slots and with really limited losses, our rooms are free. She gets better Players Club offers than I do.

So if you play your Players Club cards right, you reduce your costs on your next trip. Enjoy.