View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 12:03 AM

Default I feel I am better than 75+% of the student population

Alright, I'm in my 3rd year of University pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering. Fact is, every time I hang out with people who are studying Communications/Business Admin/something else [censored], I can't help but constantly correct them when they spit off stupid statistics or try to tell me how something works and are completely off base. I have nothing against people just based on their choice of study. However, I find an overwhelming majority of the students studying for the degrees listed above are completely brain dead.

The other thing that makes me totally livid is when said people repeatedly complain about how much homework/studying/cramming they have to do. Now I know everyone has exams and due dates, but your "Intro to Film" final is gonna be cake, so quit [censored] complaining about it.

I might feel this way because I come from a few generations of engineers and have kinda been brought up thinking that anyone not studying a math/science/physics/medicine related area are not as important. I understand this isn't a real solid way of thinking because we need people in Comm. and such. I guess its the fact that there are soooo many people pursuing those degrees.

I can't be alone in this...