Thread: Calldown?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 09:27 PM

Default Re: Calldown?

[ QUOTE ]
if we think he wont ever fold a better hand if we cr and bet(easy assumption), or bet a worse hand for us on the turn if we ck call the flop why cant we just ck call the flop and ck fold the turn keeping the pot small?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, that line is great when we are behind. What about when he takes a freecard with a 6 outer we are ahead of (the majority of his range)?

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think we can say we have an equity edge against the range of hands that put more bets into this pot vs a cr and we re bloating the pot with a weakish hand OOP (esp worse if we feel compelled to showdown vs further aggression ), are folding out 6 outters worth it if he ll ck behind and call a bet with K hi if we stay passive?

[/ QUOTE ]

If we knew that for sure, that might change things, but that's a specific read I didn't have.

[ QUOTE ]
what makes cr'ing best I guess is my basic question.

[/ QUOTE ]

protect our hand and get some more money on the flop. Basically the assumption is that, with 6 outers, he either folds immediately to the c/r or folds the turn UI.

[ QUOTE ]
but not to be raising for value or some kidn of protection in a small HU pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

After his flop bet, we have a 5.5 SB in the pot. If we plan to call the flop and check the turn, we give him 2 free cards in a 6 SB pot, which is worth almost 1.5 SBs.