View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 09:45 AM

Default Re: quite possibly a stupid question... but here goes anyway...

I guess I'm slightly different from the other posters. I have a dedicated poker bankroll that I also use for lodging and dining expenses when I travel to Vegas (1-2 times/year) or AC (2 times/month).

I have an agreement with the wife to not use our personal money for poker. This works out well for both of us as we can enjoy frequent weekend trips to AC entirely out of my poker bank roll and as the roll builds up, I use it for other luxuries.

A couple of notes:

I am serious about poker and track my wins and losses, but I do not view my wins as a source of income; rather a past time that allows me periodic luxuries .

I am content to play 1/2 nl for now and therefore do not have an impending need to build my bankroll in order to mover up in stakes ~ I rather enjoy paying for dinner and other amenities while away without adversely effecting other bank accounts.

Lastly, I do feel that if you are serious about playing poker for a living - whether now or some time in the future - then you should look at you bankroll as money to be used solely at the tables. Your intent should be to build you roll in order to move up in stakes to increase your profit margin.

* Everything above is strictly my opinion ~ I suspect others will disagree