View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 05:31 AM

Default Re: *Official* Evolution is Stupid Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I forgot to ask why we have to sleep in the first place. That one really confuses me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure it's down to how our brain works, I have a feeling that animals past a certain point of complexity sleep, whilst ones below don't. This seems a pretty good example of something that could've been designed better if we had the chance... Could be that it's something fundamental, I'm not exactly an expert on this.

On that note: free radicals, or any of those things that make us age and die due to cumulative errors. They only exist because they start affecting you after you can no longer breed, so evolution doesn't cut them out. Aging is another good argument in favour of evolution, not that this is what the thread is about.

[ QUOTE ]
I think the reason we lose muscle if we don't use it is so that our body's not wasting food/oxygen/energy for pumping blood to keep alive a part of the body we're not using.

[/ QUOTE ]
Makes sense. Probably something we could do with un-evolving now though, if we assume we'll spend the next few hundred thousand years without having to spend too much of it worrying about where our food comes from.