View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 09:38 PM

Default Re: 58s --- Non-standard play with the big draw --- vs a regular

[ QUOTE ]
i know were getting direct odds, but hes only putting money in on the river if he hits a better draw, or if river blanks and he has a legit made hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares if he only puts in money on the river if he has us beat (which is a BIG assumption anyway)...but EVEN IF IT WAS TRUE...does it even matter? Assuming our outs to flush are clean then we dont need him to put any money in on the river in order to make our turn call profitable.

[ QUOTE ]
i think we get stacked pretty often if we call turn, hit one of our outs on the river, and then mange to get all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if you went broke with two card flushes all the time, it wouldn't be such a bad thing. Folding two card flushes is probably more exploitable than going broke with them. Just call it variance or something? If he bets a diamond river hard, i can see a case for just calling though.

[ QUOTE ]
not sure what you mean by "likely to look you up pretty light". do you mean we shouldnt bluff the river on a blank if its checked to us?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this is what i mean. Coz your hand looks weak and he knows hes inducing a bluff by checking to you on the river, you will get called alot. so i think bluffing on a missed river is bad