View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Tough spot with QQ. 4-8 Live

Reads:I have only been at the table for 2 rotations, but both times I was in the BB I played a hand with villain. In previous 2 hands, he beat me both times when I first bet the flop with Q8 (got a free look at the flop) on QJJ board and then check-called the river, he showed J9 and won. Second hand, he called me down when my K5 (free look from big blind) got outkicked on a K369Q by his K8.

From the two hands I've seen him beat me with, he's seemed like a good player. However, I also saw him bet into a dry side pot with king high on the turn. Other than that he seems loose-passive.

Hand:One EP limper, I raise to 8 with

Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Button, both blinds and the early position limper call.

5 players ($40) to the flop:

7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB (villain), BB and EP check.

I bet, I don't see any reason why I shouldn't, but critique on all streets is welcome.

Button calls. Villain I discussed earlier in the SB now raises and the BB and EP fold.

Should I have now:

a) folded, it's a scary flop and he might have two pair or a set

b) called and looked for a turn that doesn't fill a straight or a flush and try to make him pay if he's drawing

or c) three bet my overpair?

Results to come.